Buying a vacuum cleaner is almost like buying a car these days. There are so many things you need to consider before you get that vacuum cleaner because they come in all shapes and sizes.
You need to check out all the features in the available cleaners so that you can get the one that fits your needs. We all know how shopping for one can be quite hectic; that’s why we have done the legwork for you.
1.Upright or a cylinder
- Upright vacuum
Upright cleaners are the best vacuum cleaners. They are easy to use because they are easy to control and they are easy to store. The best thing, however, is that they are quite effective especially when cleaning carpeted areas. They have a brush bar that is able to remove dirt even in areas that are hard to reach.
- Cylinder vacuum cleaners
Cylinder vacuum cleaners are like the more traditional vacuum cleaners, and they are cheaper as compared to upright vacuum cleaners. They are lighter, and they need less space for storage. Cylinder vacuum cleaners are best used for cleaning staircases, small spaces, and upholstery.
2.Bag or bagless vacuum cleaners
So, do you want a vacuum cleaner with a bag or a bagless vacuum cleaner? Before you make that decision, you need to know that they both have their pros and cons.
- Vacuum cleaners with a bag
Vacuum cleaners with a bag have a dust-bag inside the cleaner’s main compartment, and it stores dirt, dust, hair and everything else the vacuum cleaner picks. The bag can either be emptied or it can be replaced with a clean one.
- The best thing about this vacuum cleaner with a bag is that all the dirt is stored inside the bag such that there is no dust being released into the air.
- It is easy to dispose of thus reducing your worry on dust pilling on freshly vacuumed areas
- Once the bag starts filling up, you will realize the cleaner’s performance goes down. Luckily, this is easily rectified by replacing the bag
- This vacuum cleaner can be quite costly especially if you need to keep on replacing the bag with a new one every time
Bagless vacuum cleaner
Bagless vacuum cleaners operate using cyclonic action to separate the dust from the air thus trapping it inside the canister. It can also have a filter inside the canister to trap dust. There is the most popular Dyson vs Shark vacuum cleaner that you can decide to use.
- These vacuum cleaners are cheap because once you buy it, you don’t have to spend any more money buying dust bags
- Bagless vacuum cleaners have a clear canister that allows you to see what you are picking from the floor thus making sure you don’t pick valuable small objects
- They are easy to maintain, and this is thanks to a clear canister that shows you when to empty the contents.
- They can be quite costly especially when the filter gets damaged since it has to be replaced.
- They can be quite messy especially when cleaning the canister. The dust from the canister can be quite fatal especially for people who suffer from asthma and other allergies. Also, if the canister is dropped by mistake, there is a chance that the contents might spill over and create a huge mess.